About Me

My photo
As a child one of my favorite pastimes was to watch and play video games. I loved discovering the new worlds and all of the different life and stories within. In my work I want to bring this feeling of discovery and adventure to the viewer. I want to immerse them in the possibilities of the unknown and explore new spaces, heroes, villains, and species. I try to combine reality and history to make the most believable worlds possible, while still being firmly rooted in fantasy. I do extensive research on culture and societal norms before beginning a piece and use this research to build convincing concept pieces. My work reflects my interests in Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Medieval/Renaissance/Feudal society, as well as more whimsical elements like Alice in Wonderland and Mythologies from all over the globe. With every piece I do I try to push it further than my last, whether it be in concept or in execution. I want to challenge what people expect when they think of fantasy and give them places and people that they wouldn’t have considered before.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hawkeye

So after I posted that Loki piece a friend requested Hawkeye, and well, painting practice is always a good thing, right?

Either way, at least I'm producing art, and sites like Tumblr react well to fan art so hopefully it'l lgain me some commissions until I can get some real work.


Also should say I was working with a more limited palette then I normally do. It worked out alright, but I miss not using as much color as I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment